About the Summit
The Ophthalmic Artificial Intelligence Summit will take place live virtually on Saturday, June 18, 2022.
Over the past several years, artificial intelligence (AI) has become a hot topic and is actively being used in innovative research and clinical applications. Rather than address what this technology could do for the future of medicine, this summit aims to focus specifically on how AI can impact the practice of ophthalmology today.
- Understand the testing and validation behind AI systems
- Demonstrate outcomes of artificial intelligence including machine learning, deep learning algorithms on disease progression and outcome analysis
- Identify practice management considerations associated with AI systems
- Recognize the potential of AI to tailor therapies based on distinct disease characteristics
- Describe how AI-assisted screening and diagnosis can improve practice efficiencies and patient outcomes
- Explain the current limitations of AI and challenges associated with its use
The Ophthalmic AI Summit is for Retina Specialists, Ophthalmologists, Vitreoretinal Fellows, Ophthalmology Residents, Medical Students, Allied Health and Basic Scientists.
This activity is supported by an independent medical education grant from Bausch & Lomb & Regeneron.